Lenovo ThinkPad R400
Released July, 2008
The Pros:Great battery life. Best keyboard on a consumer laptop. Includes the ability for an enhanced 1440x900 resolution which is quite nice on a 14.1" screen.
The Cons:Onboard graphics with no option for discrete is poor for consumers -- artificially imposed obstruction. No standard DVD writer, or 802.11N. Poor battery life and weight.
Evolved from the R61, the R400 is a mainstream 14" laptop model from Lenovo marketed towards everyday consumers that desire ThinkPad quality without the price tag often associated with it. Built to be fast and as full featured as the T Series, the R400 is also based on the new Centrino 2 platform, using new 45nm Core 2 Duos, DDR3 ram and the new and improved Intel X4500 integrated graphics chip.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Unlike the T series however, the R400 does not include the option for a discrete graphics card. Starting at 5.05 pounds with a battery life of 2.6 hours, the R400 is an all around performer on par with Lenovo's T offerings, without advanced video options, WWAN or the over-engineered build only demanding professionals expect.
- Platform: Centrino 2, Intel C2D
- Graphics: 14.1" Widescreen (1280×800 or 1440x900) powered by the Intel X4500 (shared memory)
- Network connectivity: ThinkPad 11b/a/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter (Intel Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN optional) 1Gb Ethernet Card, Bluetooth optional, 3G WWAN optional
- I/O & Expansion: 3 USB 2.0; DisplayPort; VGA; AC adapter; RJ-11, RJ-45; CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo 24X/24X/24X/8X Max, Ultrabay Slim (Serial ATA); audio: headphone/line-out/external microphone; 7-in-1 card reader
- Battery: 4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell
User Reviews (14)
best keyboard on a consumer laptop
includes the ability for an enhanced 1440x900 resolution which is quite nice on a 14.1" screen
Centrino 2 upgrade,
the latest onboard graphics chip
onboard graphics with no option for discrete is poor for consumers -- artificially imposed obstruction
no standard DVD writer, or 802.11N
poor battery life and weight
You may also like...