Dell Studio XPS 1640
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Sleek, unique design that stands out from the pack. Display available in 720p and 1080p versions. Good balance of performance and portability.
The Cons:Features now-dated specs (Core 2 Duo CPU, AMD Radeon M86XT GPU).
The Dell Studio XPS 1640 is a product to be released in 2009 along with its sister version, the Studio XPS 1340. Specifications and images were leaked generating buzz about the product before the official announcement of the product itself.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Dell Studio XPS 1640 has the poor reputation of two predecessors to overcome. The first one, the XPS 630, had a wide range of technical issues that were poorly supported and not always fixed. The time spent advertising and teasing about the Dell Studio XPS 1640 will hopefully give the production team time enough to make sure that the new laptop does not follow in the footsteps of its predecessor.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400 (3MB cache/2.26GHz/1066Mhz FSB)
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-bit
- Obsidian Black with Leather Accent
- Microsoft Works
- 1Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor,24x7 Phone Support
- Edge-to-Edge HD Widescreen 16.0 inch WLED LCD (1366x768) W/2.0 MP
- 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1067MHz (2 Dimms)
- 320GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- 8X DVD+/- RW(DVD/CD read/write) Slot Load Drive
- ATI Mobility RADEON® M86XT - 512MB
- Dell Wireless 1515 802.11n Half Mini-Card
- 6-cell Battery
- High Definition Audio 2.0
User Reviews (1)
Sleek, unique design that stands out from the pack.
Display available in 720p and 1080p versions.
Good balance of performance and portability.
Keyboard is comfortable to use with good feedback and a backlight.
7200rpm HDD rather than the more standard 5400rpm seen on laptops.
Good display quality - bright with accurate colour representation.
GPU is still capable of handling newer games at playable frame rates.
Features now-dated specs (Core 2 Duo CPU, AMD Radeon M86XT GPU).
You may also like...